Airlines that service Great Falls are Delta, United, sometimes Frontier, Allegiant (from LA). Most flights arrive in the afternoon so participants can join up for the shuttle.
Here are some details:
- Travel: Fly to Great Falls, Montana
- Lodge has a shuttle $50 per load-so when we get close to date we will communicate and work out arrival times. You could rent a car, but not necessary.
- Most flights arrive after lunch. Plan to arrive the afternoon of Sept 1st. We’ll have hors d’oeuvres and a social meeting before dinner.
- Dates: September 1-6, 2015. Arrive afternoon of first, leave before noon on 6th
- Cost: $3900, deposit of $2,000 due at sign up, balance due by August 1.
- Gear: Typically 5-6 wt rods, typically floating lines. The lodge is completely stocked with top rate equipment which you may use at no extra cost. They will loan you rods, reels, waders, and wading boots. I’m sure they will also have wading staffs.
- Fishing offers great variety: dry fly. wet fly, nymphing, streamers and terrestrials. You will be able to both drift fish and wade to fish the riffles and back waters.
- Weather and clothing: this is early autumn and late summer. Montana temperature and weather can change quickly! It is important to dress in layers and have warm and cold weather clothing as well as a rain jacket. Typically the nights are around 48 degrees and daytime can vary from the high 50’s to mid 80’s. However, it usually delightfully in the mid 70’s. Dress for the lodge and seminars is totally casual and relaxed.
Format: QiGong early in AM,
Fishing all day,
Hors d’oeuvres and social visiting before dinner,
Seminar after dinner.
Quite a day!